AWS – Architectural Wall Systems
Today, architects, contractors, and owners can draw upon an amazingly wide range of solutions to create distinctive impressions and enhance occupant satisfaction while improving the sustainability and efficiency of structures. From curtain walls to panel systems, to skylights and more, the opportunities are exciting but demand specialized expertise and attention to the smallest detail. Blakley’s Architectural Wall Systems team brings extensive knowledge and resources to turn your visions into practical, efficient realities. From basic systems to complex challenges, our team supports your objectives.
- Design/Build Services
- Project Management Services
- Nationally Recognized
- Custom Unitized Curtain Walls
- Stick-Built Curtain Walls
- Window Walls
- Panel Systems
- Composite, Plate, Insulated, Terra Cotta, Stone, Granite
- Louvers/Glass Fins/Sunshades
- Ornamental Metals
- Glass Handrails
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control
- High Safety Rating/MICCS/IDOL Certified Partner
- Financial Stability
- Bonding Capabilities
- Experienced Team
- Consistently Low Experience Modification Rate
- LEED/LEED Compliant Experience
- Portfolio (Click Here To See Our Gallery of Work)
Jeff Blakley – Division Manager
Architectural Wall Systems
The Blakley Corporation
8060 East 88th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46256
317-576-8363 ( Office )
317-903-9853 ( Mobile )
317-558-1119 ( Fax )
How Our Team Supports Your Objectives
Blakley’s Architectural Wall Systems team has delivered innovative Glass and Glazing Solutions since 1985, through a collaborative, proactive approach that allows for predictable production, superior value, and worker safety, while meeting even the most demanding project schedules or challenging site and installation conditions.
Blakley’s has earned a reputation for quality, value, and commitment to task with a progressive attitude toward every job. Our focus on Quality Assurance/Quality Control is embraced by our entire team because we know that quality adds value to every aspect of our work, by encouraging improvements and eliminating errors and deficiencies.
- In the Preconstruction Phase, our Division Manager, Managing Director of Sales, and Administrative Project Manager review drawings and specifications for errors, omissions, value enhancements, constructability, means and methods, and beneficial modifications. Our extensive history with the industry’s leading vendors allows us draw upon their experience and reputation and deliver top-quality solutions. Every vendor on a project is required to submit a QC/QA program.
- As we transition to the Construction Phase, our Administrative Project Management team and Site Project Managers develop a site-specific QC/QA program. The Site Project Manager is responsible for Quality Assurance by monitoring the field team’s day-to-day construction quality control activities for compliance with plans, specifications, inspections, and tests. These comprehensive programs address every aspect of our expectations, from how materials will be delivered, to guidelines for installation, to on-site quality reviews. As work proceeds, the Administrative Project Manager and Site Project Manager will ensure that our team remains in compliance, making any necessary revisions.
Blakley’s is a longtime supporter of LEED (Leadership in Energy and Design) projects and LEED-compliant projects, recommending products that contribute to LEED certification and adhering to sustainable construction practices. We have helped owners in both the public and private sector achieve and enhance sustainability on a variety of projects that earned Gold and Silver LEED certifications.
Working in collaboration with our vendors, we can assist owners and their architects earn LEED credits in the Energy and Atmosphere, Materials and Resources, Indoor Environment Quality, and Innovative Design categories. Today’s high-performance glass products offer a wide range of performance features that allow buildings to outperform ASHRAE standards while reducing long-term operating costs. We can identify more than 100 sustainable architectural glass alternatives that meet strict LEED® credit requirements without compromising aesthetics or energy efficiencies.
The Blakley Corporation is committed to providing a healthy and safe working environment for every employee as our moral and legal responsibility. In addition to guarding against accidents, injuries, and illnesses, our comprehensive safety program (administered by Safety Resources, Inc.) enhances productivity while reducing lost time and exposure to risks. Our management team, supervisors, and all employees have embraced this successful effort, evidenced by our remarkably low EMR (experience modification rate) of 0.67 as of June 2015.
Our Promise to You
“With an unwavering commitment to quality and value, we understand the specialized needs of our customers. Together, we make your vision our focus; one lite at a time”